Saturday 15 August 2009

Pro for a week....

I finished at KHT today so I am now officially unemployed for a week then I'm on holiday until I start my new job on September 9th.

Looking forward to both of them but in the mean time I've got to earn £500 next week to make up for my lack of work.

I've been playing a load of double up Sit and go tournaments with the aim of playing 400 by the end of the month as Badbeat have a promotion on at the moment where everyone who plays 400 tournaments and remains in profit gets to play a freeroll for a seat in a £1000 entry GUKPT main event. Having a week off where I can play for 40 hours will at least give me the chance to do that before I fly off on holiday.

I finally managed to cash in the Dream Team event on Monday. Had quite a good start as the table was playing pretty tight and there were a couple of players sat out so I was able to raise a lot in position with junk hands without getting played back at.

Ended up finishing second for $590 but more importantly a load of points for the team and 9 final table points to give me a chance of getting into the freeroll for entry into the Bellagio event at Dusk till Dawn early next year. I'll need another top two finish I think to get into that but at least it gives me a chance.

Tomorrow I'm off to Egbaston with Andrew for the Twenty20 finals day which we are both looking forward to

Since the demise of Setanta we've now obviously for ESPN which is pretty good since it also has baseball on almost every night which is quite good to watch when playing poker because of the breaks between each pitch. The added bonus being that it is shown in HD also which makes a change since virgin only had one channel of HD before ESPN arrived. I think the WSOP final table might also be shown on ESPN too.

Anyway, that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment