Sunday 10 February 2008

Bluffing the second nuts

$1000 f/o
January 31st 2008.

Well, unfortunately this post won't be very long.

In fact there is only one hand of note!

One of the first things I noticed in the first orbit was that whilst the dealer was dealing the flop one of the players was watching the player he was involved with rather than the flop.

Now this is something I always do and it is surprising how few players actually do it.
Funnily enough I did consider that if I was involved in a pot with this player I might watch the flop and pretend to be either happy or unhappy with the pot depending on whether I hit it or not.

Anyway, I dediced against that and just do what I normally do since I would likely have position of him if I was involved against him.

Anyway, the pot of interest came up with the blinds at 25/50. There was a raise by the watcher to 150 which was called by Nick Gibson, a pro player who was playing with dark sunglasses, not because he wanted to hide his eyes but because he had a hangover from the night before - in fact he said that he was looking forward to having a hangover because it would mean that he was not drunk any more!

So after the raise and call I saw AsQs and decided that this would be a good spot to make a squeeze and raised to 750. This was called by the watcher after a little think and Nick Gibson folded.

So the dealer was getting ready to deal the flop and the watcher is looking at me and I'm looking at him. So I said to the watcher "You've got to look before me" since he was due to act first. At that, once the flop was dealt he checked without looking at the flop!

So I look down at a 10 5 4 and bet 1500 into the 2300 pot with 2100 behind. He checked the flop and then called.

Now maybe that is where I should have shut down but with 2100 left and another check by the watcher after the turn card of a 4 I moved all in and the watcher quickly called with 10 10 for a full house and I was drawing dead and out of the competition.

So 4 tournaments on the ship and no cashes other than abou $1000 on the cash games and the cruise is over.

All in all, apart from the lack of a cash I really enjoyed the cruise and would recommend it to anyone.

Ladbrokes put on a great show and all of the players are friendly in what is a great atosphere. I am definitely going to make it my goal to get back on the next one.

So now I have to build up my bankroll again but it was all very much worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment