Friday 26 February 2010

Football odds

Just about to go to our sportsman's night with Ron Yeats and comedian Mark Rough - raising money for our kids football team.

Before I go I just heard Paddy Power giving the odds for this weekend's fixtures and there looks like a few good value odds there.

Some of them are outsiders but the odds are a bit high in my opinion.

Blackburn to beat Liverpool at Anfield (useless after a European match - and playing pretty badly anyway) 10.5-1

Man City to beat Chelsea at the bridge - 3.8-1. This is not normally such good odds but the Bridge factor could add a lot of motivation to the City players

Burnley to beat Portsmouth at Turf Moor - evens. Portsmouth are woeful and have just gone into administration meaning they will almost certainly be relegated and so their motivation will not be high for a team that will all probably be sold in the summer. Burnley punch above their weight at home.

Stoke to beat Arsenal at the Brittania Stadium - 4.6-1. Stoke (on the back of a great result against Man City) to bully Arsenal - as long as Delap doesn't hurt his arm!

Anyway, I don't expect them all to come in (if they do you could get something around 800-1 for the quadruple) but I expect at least one to come in and you never know.....!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your Charity evening mate.
    I was posting my bets on my blog but it was like a curse. I've backed 4 draws for tomorrow @ 113/1 Barnsley, Ipswich, Huddersfield and Morecombe. Lets see how they get on when I post them on yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gavin, we made something like £400 which is good.
    Good luck with the bets.

    ReplyDelete