Saturday 31 May 2008

Cracks in the foundations

Where do I start, it's been a while since I updated about live poker and whilst I've only been playing once a week, it's sometimes difficult to keep the motivation each time you go out with jacks against J9 all in pre flop.

I suppose part of it is because the tournaments i'm playing become quite fast when it becomes all in or foldin the latter middle stages unless you have a very big stack.

But I won't go on, if someone could let the poker gods know it's about time I cashed that would do!

I'm actually writing this with my wrist strapped up pending getting it put into a cast on Monday. When I played that charity match last week I was tackled and fell onto my wrist.

It's been getting worse over the last 10 days and when I saw the doctor today he sent me for an xray where I was not only told that I had probably fractured my scaphoid bone in my wrist but he also showed me an old break on the other side of my wrist.

So as from Monday I'll have my wrist on a cast for 6 weeks.

As for tonight, well I've touched on my exit hand but the whole night went like that from the moment my AA wasn't good enough for QJ on a J high flop.

I did get one hand of luck when my 22 all in pre flop beat QQ to double me up.

Anyway, I registered for the Pokerplayer event next week in Bolton tonight so I'm looking forward to that next week and I'll take it from there.

It's back to the drawing board, re-read a couple of books and try to get back on track!

3 comments:

  1. Bad luck about the wrist mate. That's gotta be shit.
    I've been following the blog for a while now, along with others, and have just started up my own. Any chance of a link-up? Only if you like it, though.

    http;//www.degenerate-life.blogspot.com

    Cheers mate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your wrist gets better soon.

    I am registered to play as a blogger in the PocketFives Open. There are added prizes for the poker blogging community.The PocketFives Poker Forum is source of the best online poker rankings in the world.Also, PocketFives boasts a member list that includes the most famous players in online poker, including top poker players such as mr. menlo and PearlJammer. Please check out the forum and the tournament. Both are well worth your time. Thanks

    ReplyDelete